Thursday, March 13, 2014

Crock Pot Pork Chops


It's baseball season!   I just LOVE this time of year.  Even soccer games in during torrential rain and baseball games in freezing temperatures - I wouldn't trade it for anything.










I snapped some pictures of my favorite baseball player at a few games last week.


Of course, a busy sports schedule means that we've had a lot more dinners "on the go" and crock pot dinners.  I found this recipe for crazy slow cooker pork chops on piarecipes.com.  It sounded really simple and I was able to through everything in the crock pot before I headed out the door to a game.

Slow Cooker Pork Chops
Ingredients:
  • 4 loin chops, lean   
  • 1 medium onion, sliced   
  • 1 teaspoon butter   
  • salt and pepper, to taste   
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder   
  • 1 teaspoon sage   
  • 1 teaspoon oregano   
  • 1 teaspoon basil   
  • 1 cup chicken broth   
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced   
  • 1 tablespoon paprika   
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper   
Instructions:
 
In a large bowl melt butter and whisk together the broth and seasoning. Pour mixture into slow cooker.
 
Place onions and garlic in slow cooker and place the pork chops on top of them.
Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours, or until chops are tender and onions are done. 
I served my pork chops with a side of brown rice, steamed green beans and a slice of whole grain bread.

There is nothing like sitting at a baseball game and knowing that dinner is cooking while you're not even home.  These pork chops were good - a little over cooked but still tasty.  My chops were thin so I think that 5 hours would have been plenty of cooking time.  (Just a personal note for next time.)

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment