Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pumpkin Coconut Muffins with Cocoa Nibs


Is it wrong that it's early August and I'm already starting to dream about my pumpkin recipes?  I cannot wait for Fall because I have a whole list of new pumpkin recipes to try - pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cakes, the list goes on and on.

I was serious when I said that I couldn't wait - so here it is, my very first pumpkin recipe of the season.  (Or maybe I should call it a preseason recipe since it's still the middle of summer.)


A friend of mine dropped off some pumpkin muffins a couple of months ago and they were super delicious.  She had added some cocoa nibs and a handful of unsweetened coconut to her muffin batter and I just loved that combination.  (I guess I'm not the only person who craves pumpkin muffins in the middle of August.)



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 2/3 cup flour                                        2 eggs
1 cup sugar                                             1 cup pumpkin
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice            ¼ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking soda                          1/4 cup cocoa nibs
¼ teaspoon baking powder                     1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes








Mix dry ingredients.













Stir together pumpkin, egg and melted butter.
















Add to dry ingredients.







Fold in cocoa nibs and coconut.


Fill muffin cups ½ full and bake 20 minutes at 350.

 I made some mini muffins too.


Turns out - pumpkin muffins are good any time of year.

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment