Thursday, August 28, 2014

Grilled Rainbow Trout

I need your help.  I have some really great websites and blogs that I go to for baking recipes but I need some more places to search for dinner ideas and recipes.  I have a few reliable sources that I love like Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country, but I'm looking for some new ones.

What are your go-to websites for great dinner ideas?  Where do you search for meatloaf recipes?  
Send me your ideas and I'll publish a list of everyone's favorite sites. 

I love to look through recipes on Pinterest and I "like" a lot of recipes but I rarely follow through and make any of them.  Anyone have any luck with recipes that they've found on Pinterest?  (By the way, you can follow me on Pinterest by clicking on the link on the right side of the blog.)
 

I bought some rainbow trout at Sprouts the other day because it was A.) looking great and B.) on sale.  When I got home with my fish, I had to figure out how I was going to prepare it.  After 30 minutes of searching the internet for inspiration, I landed on Saveur.com where I found this little treat.  (This is where a list of great sites would come in handy.)

I like really simple fish so a little seasoning and a little time on the big green egg made this a really delicious dinner. 


Grilled Rainbow Trout
½ tsp. granulated garlic
¼ tsp. celery seed
¼ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. dried thyme
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 whole fresh rainbow trout (about 10 oz. each), butterflied







Combine seasoning in a small bowl.









Salt and pepper fish.


Sprinkle with seasoning.


Place on grill, skin side down.


Serve with lemon wedge, fresh green beans and whole grain bread.


Ok.  Now it's your turn.  Send me your comments with your favorite recipe web sites and food blogs.  I can't wait to hear your suggestions.

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment