Friday, July 4, 2014

Double Crust Strawberry Pie


 Happy 4th of July!!!

What better way to celebrate America's birthday than with a fresh berry pie?  I've got the most delicious fresh strawberry pie recipe to share with you today.  Hope you enjoy.

Double Crust Strawberry Pie
1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
8 cups fresh strawberries
pastry crust
2 Tablespoons milk

Slice berries.


Add flour, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon and toss.


 Roll out pastry crust and line bottom of pie plate.


Fill with strawberry filling.  (I filled a 9 inch pie plate and a mini pan.)


Top with another crust and cut slits in top.


Brush with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 Tablespoon sugar.


Bake 35-40 minutes.


My mini pie baked 35 minutes and my big pie baked 40 minutes.


Let cool completely.  If you are anything like me - this will be the hardest part of the whole process because a warm strawberry pie, hot out of the oven smells AMAZING! 







  
No matter what you might be eating today, I hope that you are able to share this special day surrounded by the people that you love.  Happy 4th of July friends.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment