Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Banana Smores


Why is it that I can search for culinary inspiration on the computer for hours without much progress and my kids can walk into the kitchen, see a banana on the counter and invent their own delicious dessert? (I think I'm trying too hard.)


Courtney put together the most delicious dessert the other night - banana smores.  I know - it's not really rocket science but it never occurred to ME to put a banana on a smore to make it even more delicious. 

Courtney whipped up these yummy little treats while I was busy grilling up dinner the other night.

First, she placed graham cracker squares on a foil lined baking sheet.












Then she topped it with a piece of chocolate - REALLY good chocolate.











Topped it with a spoonful of marshmallow creme,


 and placed the pan under the broiler for a minute - literally - no longer than a minute.


Then she added a slice of banana to each smore along with a top graham cracker.


Enjoy.


Super messy but soooo worth the sticky fingers (and face).


Indoor smores are a pretty good substitute for the campfirse version of these yummy summertime treats. 

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment