Monday, June 16, 2014

Sea Salt Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies


What's better than summer vacation?  Summer vacation AND chocolate chip cookie week on the blog!!!  Wait - What???

Brace yourselves blog readers - you are about to be bombarded with some of the most delicious chocolate chip cookies recipes that I could get my hot little hands on.  Yes folks, you heard right - SIX straight days of chocolate chip cookie recipes!


 I could not be more excited to bring you some of my very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes.  Some of the recipes that you will see this week are a twist on the traditional cookie like the sea salt pecan chocolate chip and some are a little more daring like the red velvet chocolate chip cookies.


They are all a little bit different and they are all delicious.  I can't wait to hear from all of you about which recipe from chocolate chip cookie week is your new favorite.

To kick the week of right, I'm giving you a variation of my Master Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.  I love this traditional chocolate chip recipe and I decided it could only get better with the addition of a few special ingredients.  Can't wait to share my new recipe with all of you.


Sea Salt Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 ½ cups flour
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups real unsalted butter
1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups Ghiradelli double chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.


Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.


Add eggs and vanilla.


Add dry ingredients.


Stir in chocolate and pecans.


 Scoop dough onto silpat lined baking sheets.  Sprinkle with sea salt.








Bake 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.


These were a big hit with this family.


These cookies definitely didn't last long.


Kicking off chocolate chip cookie week with a bang.  I'm going to let you drool over these cookies while you dwell on the fact that there are FIVE more chocolate chip cookies THIS WEEK!   I'm so excited about chocolate chip cookie week, I can hardly wait to post all of these yummy recipes.  (Trust me - I'm doing my own little chocolate chip cookie happy dance over here.)   

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment