Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Honey Mustard Dressing


I don't buy a lot of bottled salad dressing because it's just so easy to make and it tastes so much better.  (I do live with a couple of serious Hidden Valley Ranch lovers though, so I do keep that stocked in the frig.)   

I found this recipe for Honey Mustard dressing on anoregoncottage.com.  As you might assume, the key ingredients are honey and mustard - along with a few other things.  It's super simple to make and it's really yummy.  I make mine in a smoothie blender because it's easy to clean and a perfect size for salad dressing.

Honey Mustard Dressing

  • 1/4 c. honey
  • 1/4 c. Dijon
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 Tb. lemon juice
  • 1/3 c. rice vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
  • 3/4 c. olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)






Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil and salt in a blender (or food processor). Blend until mixed, about 30 seconds.













With the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow stream, blending until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
Taste and add salt if desired.





 Pour into a squeeze bottle.


 Serve on the salad of your choice.


I LOVE summer salads.   Romaine, spinach, cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds and honey mustard dressing - oh my!  This salad just screams summer.  Bring it on.

Ciao!










No comments:

Post a Comment