Monday, June 2, 2014

Homemade Buttermilk Ranch


I don't want to name any names but there is a certain member of my family who is OBSESSED with Ranch Dressing.  This particular (15 year old) person is partial to Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing and I have to admit - it's not my dressing of choice.


One would assume from the amount of salad dressing that she consumes that this person eats a tremendous amount of salad.  Not true, however.  She eats Ranch dressing with --- chicken - regardless of what kind of chicken it is or what sauce it may already have on it.   On the plus side, she will eat just about any chicken that I serve her, as long as there is a side of Ranch to go along with it.

We go through a LOT of Ranch dressing in this house so I thought I would start making my own for a change.  I found a recipe from The Pioneer Woman for a homemade buttermilk ranch dressing that looked pretty good so I thought I would give it a try.  The real test was when I offered it to the Ranch connoisseur to see if it measured up to Hidden Valley standards.  Surprisingly, she really did like this dressing.  As an added bonus, it makes a really great dip for carrots and other vegetables too.


Homemade Ranch Dressing
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 garlic clove
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 buttermilk
1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf Parsley
1 tbsp Fresh Chives
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.


Pour into a squeeze bottle and enjoy.


I think that you'll agree, this dressing is even BETTER than it's store bought counterpart.

Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment