Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blue Cheese Dressing


I've got my tomatoes planted in my garden and I can hardly wait to start harvesting my own fresh tomatoes. 


I'm so excited about my tomatoes in fact that I've already started planning out how I am going to eat them.  Sandwiches, salads, fresh tomato sauce, salsa - oooohh the possibilities. 

I tend to prefer really simple recipes for fresh garden tomatoes - drizzled with a little bit of dressing sprinkled with fresh basil= tomato perfection.

I made a batch of homemade blue cheese dressing for Ryan's graduation party and in anticipation of the bumper crop of tomatoes that I am going to have this summer (Yes, I am optimistic.)  I thought I would try it out on some supermarket tomatoes. 


Now that I have a jar of blue cheese in my refrigerator, I am even MORE excited about my garden tomatoes.  


Blue Cheese Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
8 ounces crumbled blue cheese

Whisk together mayonnaise and sour cream.


Whisk in vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.


Stir in cheese.









Spoon into dishes to serve or store in mason jar.





















 Bring on the tomatoes!

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment