Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lunch Lady Cafeteria Cinnamon Rolls


This post is the second part of the blog post that I started yesterday.  If you haven't read yesterday's blog, you really need to check that out.

I love homemade cinnamon rolls and my family loves to eat them when they're warm out of the oven but after they cool off and sit for a little while - they're not really interested in eating them anymore.  It is really hard to keep a cinnamon roll from drying out so I am constantly trying to convince my family to eat the leftovers.  (I know - my family is TOTALLY spoiled by fresh cinnamon rolls.)

 
I love this recipe from themotherhuddle.com because I can whip up a batch of dough and make just enough cinnamon rolls that we can eat warm and turn the rest of the dough into rolls that I can serve at another meal.

Yesterday, I posted the recipe for the roll dough and today I will show you how to turn that dough into a delicious cinnamon roll.  (I used half of the dough for cinnamon rolls.)


Lunch Lady Cafeteria Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 batch of Lunch Lady Cafeteria Roll Dough
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/8 cup White Sugar

For Frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 Tablespoons cream, milk or evaporated milk

After dough rises, roll dough into a rectangle.








Brush with melted butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.













Roll tightly.











Slice into 1 inch rounds and place on a silpat lined baking sheet.


Cover and refrigerate overnight OR let rise for 30 minutes.


Bake 15 minutes at 400.







As if those these look decadent enough - you can combine the frosting ingredients in mixer and frost each roll.  



I better not make too many of these - I would eat them ALL.  Yum!

Ciao!






1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try these. I live in Alabama and we had huge lunch rolls that were delicious 😋 everyday.

    ReplyDelete