Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crumb Topped Blueberry Muffins


Blueberry season is right around the corner and I still have blueberries in my freezer from last year.  In preparation for the 2014 blueberry season, I decided it was time to use up my 2013 berries (which are still perfectly fine, by the way.)  and get them out of the freezer to make room for this years crop.

This is one of my very favorite blueberry muffin recipes.  I've been using it for so long that I have absolutely no idea where I got it from originally.  It is a tried and true muffin recipe that works with just about any fruit that you want to add. 

Crumb Topped Blueberry Muffins
4 cups flour                                              Crumb Topping:
1 cups sugar                                             ¼ cup sugar
6 teaspoons baking powder                     3 Tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon salt                                        ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter                                              2 Tablespoons butter
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups milk
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups blueberries

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.


Cut in butter.
Combine eggs, milk and extracts.


Stir into crumb mixture.
 

Fold in blueberries.


Fill jumbo muffin cups 2/3 full.


Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon for topping.  Cut in butter.  Sprinkle over muffins. 


Bake 20-25 minutes at 375.
\

I love this basic muffin recipe and I've substituted strawberries and apples and raspberries for the blueberries and they turn out perfectly every single time.  You just cant beat a good muffin recipe.  It never lets me down.

Ciao!








No comments:

Post a Comment