Monday, May 5, 2014

Chicken Wraps


Happy Cinco De Mayo

Is it really the fifth of May already?  Yikes.

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I made Southwest Chicken wraps.  I made mine a few days ago though because that what you do if you're a food blogger.  We celebrate every holiday before it really happens so that we can upload pictures, write the blog and have it ready to post on the actual holiday.  My family's actually getting used to celebrating holidays early now.

I didn't have a recipe for these wraps because it was something I threw together at the last minute.  I used the ingredients that I had on hand and hoped for the best.


Southwest Chicken Wraps 
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
8 tortillas
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 avocado, diced
2 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
4 chicken breasts
1 cup colby jack cheese
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
pepper

Combine oregano, cumin and seasoned salt and pepper.

































Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.







Grill chicken.


Slice and place on tortilla.







Combine avocado, tomato, cilantro, red onion, lime juice and black beans.








Put a scoop of salsa on top of the chicken.


Sprinkle with cheese (if you like) and wrap the mixture up inside the tortilla.
I wrapped my tortillas up in foil and put them in the oven at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes to warm them up. 


For those of you celebrating Cinco de Mayo today - I hope it's a great one.

Ciao!













No comments:

Post a Comment