Friday, January 17, 2014

Sticky Grilled Chicken Legs



This recipe is and oldie but goodie.  I've made it for so long that I've completely forgotten where I got the original recipe from.  (If you happen to know where it's from - send me a comment.)  This chicken is always a big hit with my family and I think your family will like it too.  It's simple to make but it's always a crowd pleaser. 


Sticky Grilled Chicken
¼ cup ketchup                           ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ cup marmalade                      ½ teaspoon chili powder
½ clove garlic                            ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
1 Tablespoon vinegar                chicken drumsticks

Season chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper.


Place on a hot grill for 10 minutes on each side.









Combine remaining ingredients and brush over partially cooked chicken.







Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through. 


Serve with fresh green beans and a slice of whole grain bread and you have a great meal in under an hour.


I was completely out of marmalade jelly so I substituted apricot preserves.  It was just as delicious. and no one in my family seemed to even notice the swap.  You can kick up the heat a little by adding more red pepper to the mixture if your family likes it spicy.  Of course, you don't have to stick with drumsticks either.  Try brushing the mixture on a chicken thigh to breast or even a turkey leg.  Be creative and enjoy.

Ciao!






1 comment:

  1. Yum looks lovely, looking for some recipes for the summer...Thanks for sharing...

    Simon

    ReplyDelete