Saturday, January 25, 2014

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake

Have you ever been so busy that you don't even realize that you're too busy?  That is exactly what I felt like during the month of December.






I slid right into my busy holiday schedule so gradually this year so I don't think I even realized how busy I was.  It wasn't until I was on at least my 5th trip to the grocery store for the week, when I strolled passed by the Starbucks in my local Kroger that it hit me. 






The aroma of roasted coffee was overwhelming and I suddenly had the most intense craving for a cup of coffee.  I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks so I resisted the urge to order a coffee but I did brew myself a cup of Joe as soon as I got home from the store.  (Not to mention the fact that I am not coordinated enough to grocery shop and drink coffee at the same time without spilling it on me or another innocent shopper.) 

It wasn't until the moment that I actually sat down to drink my coffee that  it occurred to me that I hadn't actually sat down and taken a break in a really long time.  I never realized how busy it WAS until I finally stopped being so busy.  Maybe it's time to slow down and drink a little more coffee. 

It's really busy days that I appreciate a great dessert that I can pull out of the freezer and serve at a moments notice.  (You just never know when the urgent call for chocolate will come.)  This chocolate and peanut butter mousse cheesecake is a fabulous dessert that I like to keep in my freezer.


Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Cheesecake
Crust
1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
1/4 cup butter

Peanut Butter Layer
1 1/4 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup peanut butter
5 ounces cream cheese
2 Tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar

Chocolate Layer
3 1/2 ounce chocolate bar
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Ganache
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla







Mix wafer crumbs with melted butter for crust.








Press into the bottom of a greased springform pan.








Beat cream until stiff peaks form.








Beat peanut butter, cream cheese and butter in mixer until smooth.








Beat in powdered sugar.








Fold in half of the whipped cream.


Spread over crust and refrigerate.









Heat milk and sugar in saucepan.  Place milk and bittersweet chocolate in medium bowl.






Bring milk mixture to a boil and pour over chocolate.  Whisk until smooth.










Whisk in vanilla.







Fold in remaining cream.









Spread over chilled peanut butter layer.














Place chocolate in bowl for ganache.















Heat cream to a boil in saucepan.  Pour over chocolate and whisk until smooth.






Cool to room temperature and slightly thickened.  Spread over cheescake.


Refrigerate at least 1 hour before removing outer ring of pan.


If you like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, you will love this dessert.  It is heaven on a plate. 

Ciao!








No comments:

Post a Comment