Thursday, December 12, 2013

Stuffed Chicken



I know it's shocking but I've been tweeting for a couple of months now.  I'm going to be honest, most of my twitter followers are between the ages of 15 and 19.  (The majority of them are friends of Ryan or Courtney.)  I've gotta tell you, I've learned a whole lot more about what goes on in high school since joining the twitter world.  (It's made for much some very interesting dinner conversations too.)

 

I don't tweet everyday but I when I do, I like to post tweets while I'm making dinner.  I usually tweet about what I'm preparing for dinner.  Maybe someone will use it at the inspiration that they need to get dinner on the table for their own family.  You can follow me on twitter by clicking the button on the right side of the blog.  

If you are already my twitter follower, you might remember that I tweeted about this stuffed chicken dinner a few weeks ago.  I came up with this recipe based on the ingredients that I had on hand because I REALLY didn't want to make another trip to the grocery store.  I think it came out pretty great and the fact that there were no leftovers at the end of the meal suggests that my family liked it too. 

Cheese Stuffed Chicken
3 chicken breasts
1/4 cup chive and onion cream cheese
2 Tablespoons parsley
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup bread crumbs

Combine cream cheese, parsley, lemon, zest and garlic.








Cut a slit in the thickest part of each chicken breast.













Spoon filling into slit.




















Place flour in one bowl, egg in another and bread crumbs in a third bowl. 










Dip each, filled chicken breast in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs.


Bake 40 minutes at 350.


Serve this chicken with a vegetable and a whole wheat roll for a complete meal.


I think you're family is gonna like this chicken.  It's simple and easy and delicious. 


Remember that I'm on twitter, instragram, Pinterest and Facebook.  What's next?  The Vine? 

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment