Monday, December 16, 2013

Shrimp Stuffed Flounder


I've decided that it's time to get myself in gear.  My plan to eat healthier and exercise more - starts now!  Yes, I know it's December and an overabundance of sweets surrounds me - but that is precisely the reason that I need to keep myself on track.  My kitchen is absolutely bursting at the seems with cakes and cupcakes and pies and cookies this month which means ... I need to sneak in a few more walks so I don't wind up looking like a snowman. 

Mia is always ready to accompany me on a walk so we head to the park to walk off a few extra calories.  Mia LOVES the park and she gets soooooo excited when she we pull into the parking lot that she practically jumps out of the car window. 










I make her sit next to the car while I gather up my camera, my water bottle and my keys, etc.   She is about as tense as a lion stalking it's prey, while she waits on me to release her. 














As soon as I release her, she starts to run around like a maniac.   Her nose is never more than an inch away from the ground.


We both had a great walk but Mia used far more energy than I did.  I think she ran circles around me - literally - for the entire 2 mile hike. 

Exercise - check.  Eat healthy - No problem.

Check out this delicious recipe for shrimp stuffed flounder if your looking for something healthy to eat this month.  It is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party and simple enough to serve your family on a busy weeknight.

Shrimp Stuffed Flounder
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
1/2 pound shrimp, uncooked
1⁄4 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon fresh parsley
1⁄2 teaspoon dill
1⁄2 teaspoon chives
1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1⁄2 cups soft bread crumbs
6 flounder filets
2 Tablespoons lemon juice

Melt butter in skillet. Add onion, celery and green pepper.  Saute until tender.


Add shrimp.
 

Add broth, Worcestershire, dill chives, salt and cayenne.

 
Remove from heat, stir in bread crumbs.


Spoon 1⁄2 c. filling on each filet and roll up. Place seam side down in greased 9x13.


Drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.


Bake 20 min. at 375.


 Serve.




This fish went beautifully with a glass of Pinot Grigio.  (It never hurts to have a little wine with dinner.)

Ciao!






No comments:

Post a Comment