Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Turkey Sliders



I happened to be pulling these slider buns out of the oven right as the kids were walking in the door from cross country practice.  I don't even really have to tell you what happened next.  Lets just say - they were ravenous.  I pulled 18 rolls out of the oven and by the time we sat down at the dinner table, there were only 6 left!  I'm chalking it up to a great roll recipe AND an extra tough practice.

I used my buttermilk yeast roll recipe for these little buns.  It is totally worth the extra time that it takes to make fresh rolls for these little sliders.  It just makes these little turkey burgers taste all that much better. But, it you don't have time to make your own slider buns, I just saw a package of the cutest little slider buns at Kroger this morning.  It's entirely possible that they have been on shelves for months and I just never noticed but today was the first time that I'd seen them - super cute.

Nothing better to refuel after a long run than a little lean protein and what better way to eat protein than in a burger?  This recipe for turkey sliders came from the July 2013 issue of Bon Appetit magazine.  I love all the chopped spinach baked right inside the burger. (Super secret way of getting my kids to eat more vegetables.)

Turkey Sliders
1/2 bunch flat leaf spinach, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound ground turkey
3/4 teaspoon cumin
kosher salt and pepper
slider buns

Combine spinach,


scallions,


garlic,


cumin,


ground turkey and salt and pepper.


Mix gently with hands until combined.


Shape 12 small into patties.













Grill.












Serve on tiny slider buns.


 Dress with your favorite condiments.


I didn't even feel the need to add lettuce to my burger because it already had all that yummy spinach in it.  I added ketchup, mustard and a pickle to my little slider and it was perfect.  These are really tasty and since I made so many, I put a few in the freezer for another day.

Ciao!








No comments:

Post a Comment