Friday, September 27, 2013

Peach Cobbler


Alright dog owners, I need some advice.  I have a Weimaraner with a really strange addiction - Rocks!  I don't just mean that she likes rocks - she LOVES rocks.  She likes to dig for them, she likes to chase them, she likes to roll on them and she especially likes to eat them.  No kidding!

 

She cannot possibly be the only compulsive rock hunting dog in the world.  Anyone have any suggestions about how I can help her overcome her obsession with rocks?  She is starting to wear down her teeth from her obsessive rock chewing habit.  Not to mention the fact that she also sneaks them into the house and leaves them all over the floor.  (And let's face it, we get some really strange looks from the neighbors when we're out in the front yard playing fetch with a rock.) 

So that has absolutely nothing to do with the recipe of the day.  (Just a random burning question that was on my mind that I was hoping someone out there could help.) 

Now onto the recipe of the day - easy peach cobbler from Southern Living.  I messed up this recipe even before I started because instead of buying pie crust, I bought refrigerated biscuits.  I went ahead and used the biscuits anyway but I want to try the recipe again - the way that it was intended.

So Easy Peach Cobbler

1/4 cup butter
7 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 7 cups, 3 lb.)
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can of mini buttermilk biscuits (5)
Add these ingredients to make it the Southern Living way:
1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated pie crusts
Parchment paper
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon sugar






1. Preheat oven to 450°. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.





Add peaches, 1 cup sugar, and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 7 to 8 minutes or until tender.


2. Meanwhile, unroll piecrust on a flat surface. Cut into 12 circles, using a 3 1/2-inch round cutter with fluted edges. Make 4 small holes in center of each circle, using a plastic straw. Place circles on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Whisk together egg white and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush circles with egg mixture; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar.  Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

OR
Bake biscuits according to package directions.

4. Place 1 pastry circle (or biscuit) in each of 6 (7-oz.) ramekins. Spoon peach mixture over pastry circles; top with remaining pastry circles.


I would definitely agree that these were SUPER easy and super yummy.  I liked the biscuits but I think I would have liked the pie crust even better.  (I love pie crust.)  Which one do you think you would like better?

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment