Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Meatballs


I never realized just how versatile my meatballs recipe really was until recently.  I made a batch of meatballs a couple of weeks ago and I put a few of them into a timpano.  I served some of them with a side of pasta and the rest I turned into meatball burgers!  The kids liked them all three ways but the biggest surprise of all was the meatball burger.  To be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure how these were going to turn out.  It was an experiment that could have gone either way.  Fortunately for me, they were delicious.  (And way quicker to make than rolling meat into tiny balls.)

Meatballs
1 pound ground turkey              4 splashes milk   
1 pound ground beef                 4 eggs
1 pound ground pork                 parsley
1 chopped onion                       parmesan cheese
4 slices bread                            1 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper







Combine beef, turkey and pork in a large bowl.








Combine onion, bread, milk, eggs, parsley, cheese and salt and pepper in food processor.  Pulse until chopped finely.








Add to meat and mix with hands - gently.







Shape into meatballs and place on a broiler rack.












Place under the broiler for 5 minutes, rotate and continue to broil until golden brown.












Serve with spaghetti.


Serve with timpano.


Or, shape into burgers and serve meatball burgers.



One batch of meatballs - three ways.  Love it.

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment