Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Stuffed Grilled Peaches


Why do I crave dessert as soon as I start limiting my sugar intake?  More importantly, how do I satisfy my cravings for sweet treats when I don't want to overindulge?  The answer is simple ... fruit.  Fruit gives me that burst of sweetness that I crave without killing my diet plan.   Sometimes grabbing an apple or a peach out of the fruit basket just isn't appealing as an after dinner treat so I have to dress up my fruit a little bit to make it look a little more like dessert.  The first really good peaches arrived at the grocery store last week and I could hardly wait to get them home to try them.  They were fairly sweet and delicious on their own but I turned some of them into a yummy dessert to enjoy after a spring dinner.  Stuffed grilled peaches are warm, yummy and delicious.

Stuffed Grilled Peaches
6 peaches, cut in half
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar









Slice peaches in half and remove pit.








Remove more of the middle using a small scoop.









Brush each half with melted butter.








Place, cut side down, on the grill for 5 minutes.  








Prepare filling.  Stir together ricotta cheese and powdered sugar. 














Spoon into a pastry bag or a ziploc bag.






Pipe or spoon filling into the center of each hollowed out peach half.


Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.


Serve in individual cups.




Planning a cookout to celebrate the end of the school year?  You might want to add these stuffed peaches to your menu. 

Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment