Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shrimp Linguini


It's starting to feel more and more like spring outside.  I love warm April Days.  The sun is shining, the wind is gently blowing and the birds are singing.  I could spend all day outside, working in my yard on days like today.  (I am denying the fact that thunderstorms are expected to roll in tonight.)  Unfortunately, I tend to get caught up in my yard work and dinner doesn't always get the attention that it normally would.  I spent a day pulling weeds in my flower beds recently and I lost all track of time.  When I finally came inside, I had a brief moment of panic when I realized that time had slipped away from me yet again and I needed to have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes so that my daughter could get to soccer practice.  I had planned to make shrimp linguini for dinner and believe it or not, I made this meal in under 30 minutes (with pictures) AND managed to get her to practice on time. 

Shrimp Linguini
9 ounces linguini
1 Tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces medium peeled shrimp
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
3 ounces fresh spinach
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese







Cook pasta according to package directions and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.







Heat oil in skillet.  Add shrimp and onions.











Add garlic.







Add spinach, lemon zest and lemon juice.








Cook 2 minutes.  Add reserved pasta water and cook until thickened.







Spoon shrimp onto pasta with a slotted spoon.  Pour sauce over dish.  Sprinkle with cheese.


Don't be fooled by thinking this is only a good meal to eat when you're in a hurry.  This would be a great meal to enjoy even when your family isn't rushing out the door to practice.  I love that it came together quickly but I also loved that is was delicious.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment