Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Cheeseburger Wraps


Ever have that 4:00 panic attack when you realize that you have absolutely no idea what you are going to fix for dinner?  (It's somewhat of an unfamiliar feeling for me because I'm an obsessive menu planner.)  I had one of these moments recently though and semihomemademom.com came through for me.  I stumbled upon her website at about 4:15 and when realized that I already had the ingredients for this recipe in my refrigerator - I wasted no time and I got right to work.  I managed to put these cheeseburger wraps together in about 30 minutes, pack them up and then get to a baseball game with dinner in hand.  When I finally sat down in the bleachers to enjoy my dinner, I discovered that they were not only quick and easy, they were also delicious.  A nice surprise since I didn't really put a lot of time or energy into them. 


Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used a little more to taste)
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon minced onion
pepper and salt to taste
5 whole wheat flour tortillas (the larger ones)
shredded cheddar cheese
yellow mustard
Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. 

 
Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes. 
 
 
Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. 
 Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. 
 
 
Roll up tortilla burrito-style. Mine were a little challenging to roll because the tortillas were not very fresh.










Place in a grill pan and brown on each side.













Wrap in foil and take to the game or....











Enjoy hot of the grill.


These cheeseburger wraps were a big hit with my family.  I don't like not knowing what I'm going to fix for dinner because my last minute "throw together" meals don't normally turn out this well.  In this case though, I just so happened to stumble upon a great dinner.  Just lucky I guess.

Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment