Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spicy Paprika Lime Chicken



I'm always looking for new ways to marinate and flavor my grilled chicken.  I ran across this Paleo recipe on Pinterest last month and it looked really interesting.  I added a few ingredients of my own which meant that it wasn't a Paleo recipe anymore but it came out pretty darn tasty.  For those of you who are trying to follow a Paleo diet, I will give you both versions of the recipe - mine and the Paleo version.

Spicy Paprika Lime Chicken (Paleo Version)
6 thins sliced chicken breasts
5 Tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon corainder
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 limes, zest and juiced

My Version
Everything on the above ingredient list plus:
2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
wraps for serving
avocado slice

Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl.


Lay chicken on a waxed paper lined baking sheet and brush with marinade.


I put mine in the frig for the afternoon.  The longer it sits in the frig with the rub on it, the better it will taste.  Cook chicken on the grill.


This chicken was really good on it's own but to make it a more complete meal, I sliced it and put it in a wrap along with some sliced avocado - delicious.


The chicken had a LOT of flavor and not a lot of spice.  It was really good but not overpowering. 

Ciao!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment