Monday, March 4, 2013

Corn Muffins


We are having an unusually cold start to our March here in Atlanta.  (In like a lion I guess.) Yesterday we braved the cold weather to watch my daughter's very first soccer game of the season.   It was cold but it was well worth all the shivering and teeth chattering because it was a great game.


We also bundled up for the start of baseball season last week.


Don't let the sunshine in the picture fool you, it was bitter cold that night.  I am never one to complain about outdoor sports but sitting outside in 30 degree weather is pushing my tolerance.   I was ready to come home to a big bowl of chili and some warm corn bread muffins.  Anyone else feeling the need for chili and corn bread in this chilly weather?

Deluxe Corn Muffins
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
¼ cup sugar
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 ¼ cups buttermilk
1/3 cup canola oil
¾ cup corn kernels

Combine first 6 ingredients.


Whisk together egg, yolk, buttermilk and oil.


Stir into dry ingredients.

 
Fold in corn.


Fill greased muffin cups ¾ full. 


 Bake 18 minutes at 400.


Cool on a wire rack.



I went a little overboard with the pictures so bear with me.


 I love when the sun cooperates and adds great lighting to my pictures.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment