Monday, February 25, 2013

Zucchini Turkey Burgers



Comparing turkey burgers to beef burgers is kind of like comparing steak to chicken.  Apples to oranges.  There's no comparing the two - they are two completely different burgers. 

Personally, I love a great turkey burger and I am always on the lookout for new turkey burger recipes.  Ground turkey varies in fat content just like beef and using lean ground turkey breast in a burger can yield a very dry burger.  I found this recipe for a zucchini burger on greenlitebites.com.  What better way to keep a lean burger moist than to add grated zucchini?  Genius idea Green Lite Bites.







Fortunately, I already had some
mini zucchini's from Trader Joe's in my refrigerator.







Zucchini Turkey Burgers
  • 20 oz Lean Ground Turkey
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
  • About 1 cup grated zucchini ~125g
  • 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp dried parsley
  • 1 egg
  • Pinch of Kosher Salt and Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.








Mix together with hands.


















Shape into 6 patties.












Sometimes I have trouble keeping my burgers from falling apart on the grill so I put them in the freezer while I heated up the grill.  (About 15 minutes.)  Grill.  I put them on the grill for about 8 minutes per side.


Serve them plain...


or with toppings.

 
 
 

Burgers never go out of season.  They're good even at the end of February.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment