Monday, February 11, 2013

Chocolate Chunk Cookies


Thomas Keller - you're my hero.  I baked these cookies from your Bouchon Bakery cookbook and they are amazing.  You have perfected the bakery style cookie and made it simple enough for the inexperienced baker (like me) to reproduce in their own kitchen.  Pure genius.

Thomas Keller Chocolate Chunk and Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups + 3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons molasses
1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
2/3 cup chocolate chunks
1/2 cup chocolate chips
11 1/2 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons + 2 1/2 teaspoons eggs

Cream the butter until it reaches mayonnaise consistency.


Place sugars in a bowl with molasses and stir to combine.  Add to butter and mix 3-4 minutes until fluffy. 


Crack eggs into bowl and combine with a fork.  Add to butter mixture and beat 30 seconds.


Sift together flour and baking soda.   Add to batter in 2 additions.  


Add chocolate.


Refrigerate dough 30 minutes.  Scoop onto silpat lined cookie sheets.


Bake 16 minutes at 325.

 

These cookies were too good to stand up and eat.  I made myself a cup of coffee, sat down for a rest and enjoyed my chocolate chip cookie slowly.  Sooo good.





I am not a car person so it's hard for me to give a good car reference but here goes ... If Toll House chocolate chip cookies were a car, they would be a midsize sedan.  They're perfectly good and they get the job done.  Thomas Keller chocolate chip cookies would be a convertible.  They're exceptional in almost every category and they're just a little showy.

Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. These look awesome! I have several functions to make cookies for coming up and think I'll make these.

    ReplyDelete