Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries


I love sweet potato fries!  If it were up to me, they would be served in place of regular french fries at every restaurant.  The truth is that they don't even have to be fried to be delicious - I actually prefer them baked instead of fried.  I've been baking my sweet potato fries the same way for years but I recently came across a new recipe for sweet potato fries that caught my attention.

Start with 2 large sweet potatoes.


 






Peel potatoes.



Cut into fries. 






 Combine 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon sugar and a dash of salt.







 Add fries and toss to coat.


 Arrange on a foil lined baking sheet.


 Bake 45 minute at 425.  (Turn every 15 minutes.)


 YUM!



Bring on the turkey burger - these fries are fantastic.  I have a new favorite way to bake my sweet potatoes. 


Even if they are called "fries" - this is proof that they don't need to be fried to be good. 

Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment