Friday, January 18, 2013

Cool Whip Marshmallows


There's a reason that I am not a meteorologist.  Just 2 days ago I blogged about the fact that there was no snow in the forecast for Atlanta.   (Shows what I know about weather.)  Last night we were under a winter storm warming with the threat of actual snow in the Atlanta area.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the pure joy on my daughter's face when she realized that there was even a remote possibility of having a "snow day" today.  I had my doubts that we would see snow at our house but again - I know nothing about the weather and I certainly didn't want to squash her dream of a "snow day."  We decided to make the most of our cold evening and relax with a mug of hot cocoa.  I had seen this idea for cool whip marshmallows on pinterest (thesweetestoccasion.com) and I had been waiting for a night exactly like last night to use it. 


Spread cool whip in a shallow pan.  (I only had 1/2 a tub of cool whip so I used an 8 inch square pan.)


Put in the freezer for at least an hour.


Get out your favorite cookie cutters.  (Hearts, stars, snowflakes, etc.)


 Cut shapes out of the frozen cool whip using cookie cutters.

 









Make a mug of your favorite hot cocoa. 











Put a cool whip marshmallow on top and watch it melt. 


No running out to by bread and milk for this family.  We're hunkered down with our mugs of hot cocoa instead.  Even if there isn't any snow. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment