Monday, December 31, 2012

Citrus Spritzers



Happy New Year's Eve friends!  I hope that you and your family are enjoying the very last day of 2012.  As for my family, we will be celebrating with some friends today but to be perfectly honest - it's a fairly short affair for me.  I rarely make it to midnight anymore before I'm sound asleep.  (I hate getting old.)  

If you're planning to crack open a bottle of champagne tonight to ring in the New Year, you may want to make a pitcher of my citrus spritzers to serve alongside your champagne.  They are easy to make but they will make your family or your guests feel extra special. 


Fresh Citrus Spritzers
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 2 limes
ice
1 bottle seltzer water







In saucepan, combine water and sugar.  Bring to a simmer and stir until dissolved.  Cool.



 

Stir together sugar syrup, orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice.

 

Divide mixture among 4 glasses filled with ice. 


Top with sparkling water or seltzer. 



These spritzers were a huge hit with my family.  They loved the lemon lime flavor and I like that it didn't have nearly as much sugar as a can of soda.  No matter what you have to drink tonight, I hope that you celebrate the New Year in style.

Ciao!


Fresh Citrus Spritzers
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
juice of 1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 2 limes
ice
1 bottle seltzer water

In saucepan, combine water and sugar.  Bring to a simmer and stir until dissolved.  Cool.  Stir together sugar syrup, orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice.  Divide mixture among 4 glasses filled with ice.  Top with sparkling water or seltzer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment