Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve


Here we are, the day before Thanksgiving.  (Are you as excited as I am?)  Thanksgiving is the holiday that chef's dream about.  I look forward to it all year not because it's all about he food but because it's a time for family and friends to gather together. 

I an so blessed to have my parent's in town with me this year and we have been so busy with fun activities that there has been very little time for Thanksgiving preparations.  Fortunately, I had a lot of the meal already prepared and stored safely away in my freezer long before my parents even arrived.

My Thanksgiving menu is pretty traditional.  We have the basics, turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc.  A lot of that food is freezable so I made it a few weeks before all this Thanksgiving madness was upon me.  I even made a couple of appetizers ahead of time and put them in the freezer.









Stuffed Mushrooms















Spanokopita Bites









In order to relieve some of the chaos in the kitchen on the big day, I premade sweet potato casserole,








Mashed potatoes











Pumpkin Crescent Rolls














and
homemade applesauce.







I also have my desserts prepped and ready to go for our feast.  
Apple Pie


Pumpkin Pie


Pumpkin Roll


Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

 
and of course my Thanksgiving cookies.








Pumpkin Spice Cookies














Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


















Pumpkin Gingersnaps







What could possibly be left to do for dinner?  Tonight's task is to get the Big Green Egg all prepped and ready for the turkey.  I also have to get the turkey in the brine so that it can soak overnight.  The apple cider brine that I've used for years is absolutely unbeatable.









On the to do list for Thursday, make the cranberry sauce and













the sweet potato stuffing,








and cook the turkey on the Egg.


All of these recipes are posted on the blog and you can link to them by clicking on the name.  I think I might go into pumpkin withdrawal when this wonderful season comes to and end. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you get to enjoy some time with your own family and friends.  I will certainly be enjoying my time with my family. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment