Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pumpkin Butter Filled Cookies



Last Sunday, my daughter and I turned the kitchen into a regular cookie factory.  We made 7 different kinds of cookies in one afternoon!  I had all of the ingredients measured out and sorted on the kitchen island which made dough making go pretty quickly.  (To be perfectly honest, she did most of the work while I ran around taking pictures.) 

We spent night before cookie production, browsing through cookie cookbooks and recipes.  I came up with a couple that I wanted to try and my daughter chose a few recipes that looked interesting to her as well.  One of the recipes that she chose was something that I had never made before - a filled sugar cookie.  As luck would have it, we had been to Williams Sonoma that very afternoon and I had splurged on a jar of pecan pumpkin butter for myself.  It was a match made in heaven - a new jar of pecan pumpkin butter and a cookie that needed a filling. 


Pumpkin Butter Filled Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
pumpkin butter for filling

Mix shortening, sugar and eggs.  Stir in vanilla.


Stir in dry ingredients.


Roll dough to 1/8 inch thick.


 
Cut with cookie cutter.


Place cookies on silpat lined baking sheet.


Spoon a teaspoon of pumpkin butter filling in center of each cookie.

 
Top with another cookie and press seams to seal.


Bake 10 minutes at 400.

 
Frost. 


We made lots of memories in the kitchen that afternoon - including my daughters first taste of unsweetened chocolate!  (She wasn't impressed.)  The cookies were wonderful but spending the day in the kitchen with my daughter was even sweeter than the cookies. 

Ciao!

Pumpkin Butter Filled Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
pumpkin butter for filling

Mix shortening, sugar and eggs.  Stir in vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredients.  Roll dough to 1/8 inch thick.  Cut with cookie cutter.  Place cookies on silpat lined baking sheet.  Spoon a teaspoon of pumpkin butter filling in center of each cookie.  Top with another cookie and press seams to seal.  Bake 10 minutes at 400.  Frost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment