Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp




Sometimes the simplest recipes turn out to be the best.  I love grilled shrimp and I made a simple  little change to this meal to make it even better. - I added bacon!  I wrapped some jumbo shrimp in bacon before I put it on the grill.  Voila - grilled shrimp, kicked up a notch. 


Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
 
Place 6 strips of bacon on top of 4 paper towels on plate.  
Top with 4 more paper towels and 6 more strips of bacon.  Place 2 paper towels and a plate on top.  Microwave for 4 minutes.
Cut bacon strips in half and wrap each shrimp in bacon.  Secure onto skewer.





Put the skewers on the grill.  I cooked mine about 4 minutes on each side.



8 minutes cooking time - perfect.


Check out these tiny little zucchini that I found at Trader Joe's to compliment my bacon wrapped shrimp.  I cooked the zucchini alongside the shrimp and they were the perfect compliment to this yummy meal.



Grilled shrimp is fine but bacon wrapped grilled shrimp is even better. 
Trust me.
Ciao!






No comments:

Post a Comment