Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anniversary Cake



My blog quite simply is - My Story - in Recipes.  Everyday, I try and give my readers a little more insight into my crazy life.  Things can get pretty hectic around here while we juggle 2 careers and 2 very social kids and an especially wild dog.  I post pictures and write stories about all the little events that happen throughout the week and of course I write about the big events in my life as well.  Believe it or not, it's therapeutic for me to be able to share these "snapshots" of my life with all of you.

As crazy as my life is some days, I couldn't imagine it any other way - or spending it with anybody else.  Today is my 19th wedding anniversary and I'm reminded of just how blessed I am to have this wonderful person beside me.  My husband fills my story with excitement and adventure and love.  I don't often slow down long enough to tell him just how much I love him so I thought in honor of our anniversary, I would bake him a special anniversary cake. (It should come as no surprise to you that baking is the way that I show my love.) 

I found this recipe on the Williams Sonoma website and I cut it in half.  Instead of making a 9" round cake, I used 3" mini springform pans to make personal sized cakes. 












It hardly seems possible that we've been married for 19 years.  You've given me a wonderful story to tell.  Love you. 










Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment