Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sunrise Smoothie



My watermelon harvest is in full swing.  With my bumper crop of juicy, sweet watermelon on hand, I've been scouring the internet for watermelon recipes.  The food network website seemed to have an abundance of watermelon recipes and I got LOTS of great ideas for these watermelon from their site. 

The recipe that caught my eye immediately was the sunrise smoothie recipe.  Fresh peaches, fresh strawberries, raspberry sorbet, orange juice and of course, fresh watermelon.  
I had everything on hand except the fresh strawberries so I decided to substitute some frozen berries.






I even had 1 scoop of Hagen Daaz raspberry sorbet in my freezer.  








Sunrise Smoothie
1 peach, peeled and diced
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup watermelon, cubed
1/2 cup raspberry sorbet
1/4 cup orange juice

 I put all my ingredients in the blender to make my smoothie.


I took my smoothie out to the watermelon patch to take pictures.

 



 


This may be my new favorite smoothie.  Stay turned for more watermelon recipes in the near future.  I have lots more watermelon in my garden.

Ciao!




Sunrise Smoothie
1 peach, peeled and diced
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup watermelon, cubed
1/2 cup raspberry sorbet
1/4 cup orange juice

No comments:

Post a Comment