Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Creamsicles


Homemade popsicles were a staple every summer at my house when I was growing up.  My mom used the Tupperware popsicle mold to make popsicles for my brother and I all summer long.  Not long after my first child was born, I bought the very same Tupperware popsicle mold for my house. 


I've made everything from Kool-Aid popsicles to fudge pops to smoothies on a stick in these molds but this time I decided to give orange creamsicles a try.  I found a recipe for creamsicles on CurlyGirlKitchen.com and they looked delicious so I decided to give them a try.  I knew it was questionable whether they would pass the taste test of my finicky teenagers but I was up for the challenge. 





Creamsicles
12 strawberries, sliced
1 (10.5 ounce) can mandarin oranges
1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
2 cups orange juice

Put oranges and strawberries into the popsicles molds.  (About 12)



Combine 1/2 and 1/2 and orange juice and pour into molds.


Put a top on the molds and freeze for at least 6 hours. 


I have seen the cutest popsicle molds in the stores recently.  I did a Google search and found everything from superheros to ladybugs to a popsicle mold of Michelangelo's David - seriously.  As for me, I'm sticking with my Tupperware molds.  They bring back childhood memories of long hot summer days in Ohio.



The official results of the taste test were that...3 out of 4 kids loved the creamsicles!  (As I suspected, my finicky 16 year old didn't even want to try the frozen treat.)  With one exception, the creamsicles were a hit - I'll be making more of these soon. 


Stay cool this summer.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment