Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grilled Shrimp


If there was ever a time that I try to incorporate more fish into my diet, it's summertime.  Even though I don't live on the coast there's something about the summer air makes me crave fresh fish and seafood.  Maybe it's the heat or maybe it's the fact that I have to put my bathing suit on, but I really do love fish dinners in the summer.

This recipe for grilled shrimp came from Cook's Illustrated.  I grilled it on my Big Green Egg and added the Charmoula Sauce for flavor.

Grilled Shrimp 
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2- Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1/4 teaspoons sugar

Charmoula Sauce
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 red pepper, diced small
1/2 red onion, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt

Thread the shrimp onto skewers.  I used small 3 inch skewers to make more appetizer size portions.  Salt and pepper the shrimp.  Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sugar.


Combine the sauce ingredients in a disposable aluminum pan.


Put the aluminum pan on one side of the grill and the shrimp on the other. 








Grill shrimp for 2 minutes on each side.  (It won't be completely cooked through.)






Put the skewers into the charmoula sauce to finish cooking.



When the shrimp is finished cooking, it will have absorbed all sorts of yummy flavors from the sauce. 




I served my shrimp with a side of jasmime rice and a sprig of fresh thyme.  Ahh - summer.



Ciao!

Grilled Shrimp 
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2- Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1/4 teaspoons sugar


Charmoula Sauce
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 red pepper, diced small
1/2 red onion, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon salt















No comments:

Post a Comment