Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lasagna on a stick


 
I had lasagna ruffles last week on the menu when a change in the baseball schedule threw a kink into my plans.  (Ahhh the joys of being a baseball parent.)  I decided to thread the lasagna onto skewers and take them to the game instead of ditching the whole meal plan altogether. 
 
 

I placed the skewers of ruffles on a baking sheet. 

 
It was a genius idea but the execution was a little more difficult than I expected because I couldn't find a proper container that would hold these sharp, pointy skewers with hot lasagna.  It all worked out in the end because as I was finishing my lasagna skewers, the baseball schedule changed yet again.  With my patience and flexibility pushed to the limit, I scrapped the idea of trying to take dinner to the field and decided to eat it at home, after the game.


It was about 10:30 when we finally got back home that night.   I baked the ruffles and fed them to two hungry teenagers who really didn't mind eating dinner so late.  I served the lasagna with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. 




I still like the idea of taking lasagna ruffles on a picnic but I haven't quite figured out the best way to transport them yet.  Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Ciao!





1 comment: