Thursday, January 5, 2012

Big Sky, Montana


 

I spent the earlier part of this week in Big Sky, Montana.  It was a fabulous vacation and I would love to share all 300 of my pictures with you.  You will be happy to know that I managed to narrow it down to only a few.









I started to get a little nervous when we landed in Bozeman, Montana in 52 degree weather.  Lucky for us, there was plenty of snow when we reached Big Sky.

 
The mountains were absolutely breathtaking.








We shared a cabin with my parents, my brother and my niece. 


 The kids jumped in the hot tub outside the cabin within hours of arriving in Big Sky.


 Of course the reason that we went to Montana was for the skiing.

 
I didn't ski because of my wimpy ankle and my mom didn't ski this year because of a knee injury.  We didn't have any trouble finding things to do off the slopes at Big Sky though.  We spent an afternoon at the spa and we did some boutique shopping.


We also spent some time in the heath club and followed our workout with a swim in the pool.  (An outdoor pool!)  It's hard to describe what it's like be swimming in the pool while snow is gently falling on your head. 


We had a lot of fun walking around the village at Big Sky.







There was always a fire to warm us up when we got cold.






We watched the New Year's Eve fireworks on the mountain.






Then we headed back to the cabin for a New Year's Eve party.
Even though my skiing days are over, I was able to join everyone on the slopes for snow tubing.  It was really cold but really fun.


Of course there were countless snowballs thrown over the 4 days that were in Montana.


 And I'm pretty sure it wasn't the kids throwing all the snowballs.


I am happy to report that despite some minor aches and pains, we all arrived home accident free.  We all had a great time in Montana.


I have no recipe to post today because I'm still catching up from vacation but I will be back to blogging recipes tomorrow.  Have a great Thursday.


Bon Appetit!














1 comment: