Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cupcakes or loaf?


If I had to name just one job in the kitchen that I really don't enjoy - it would be mixing raw meat with my hands.  I know that the best way to combine ingredients in meatloaf or meatballs is with my hands but I really don't like the job of touching raw meat.  I have tried getting the job done with a spoon and I've even tried wearing gloves - neither one of those really solved the problem. 

Lucky for me, my child who loves meat also loves to mix it with her hands.  I usually wait until she is available to do any "hands on" meat mixing.  I enlisted her help a couple of weeks ago to make these meatloaf cupcakes and she did a great job. I ended up making 1/2 of the recipe into cupcakes and I shaped the other half of the meat into a traditional meatloaf. 

Mini Italian Meatloaves
1 pound ground beef                      1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 ounce package stuffing mix        ¾ cup spaghetti sauce
1 cup water                                     ¾ cup mozzarella cheese

Combine meat, stuffing mix and water.


Shape into balls and push into 12 greased muffin cups.  Make a well in the center of each meatloaf. 


Combine spaghetti sauce and seasoning.  


Spoon sauce into well.


Top with shredded cheese.  


 
Bake 30 minutes at 375.


If you prefer a more traditional meatloaf shape, you can use the same recipe.




I took this meatloaf to my father in-law to eat while my mother in law was in the hospital.  It's fully cooked so all he had to do was reheat it and eat.   My family ate the meatloaf cupcakes and we all really enjoyed them.  What's your style - loaf or cupcakes?

Bon Appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment