Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Calling all coconut fans


Coconut is one of those ingredients that people are passionate about.  People either love it or they hate it - and I love it.  It goes without saying that my love of coconut translates to a love of macaroons.  Last week I made about 6 dozen of these delicious - fat free cookies.  My recipe is very basic and super simple to put together.

Macaroons







1 package of shredded coconut


                            













1/4 teaspoon salt













6 Tablespoons flour   


                     











4 egg whites

















2/3 cup sugar     









                           





1 teaspoon almond






 
Combine ingredients in a large bowl.


Shape into mounds using a medium sized cookie scoop and place on a silpat lined cookie sheet.



 
Bake 20 minutes at 350 until toasted on top.


Each batch of dough will make about 14 medium sized macaroons.  Sometimes I drizzle semisweet chocolate over the cooled macaroons for an extra special treat.  It's dangerous for me to make those because I want to eat them all.  If you love coconut - you will love these macaroons.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment