Monday, December 5, 2011

Brownies 101

 
If you are a diehard fan of box mix brownies - I challenge you to give my homemade brownie recipe a try.  They are so much better than box mix brownies and almost as easy as opening a package.  Follow my simple step by step instructions and you will end up with a huge batch of the most delicious chocolate brownies you have ever tasted.


This was a family recipe that I have been making for a long time.  This recipe makes a lot of brownies but you can freeze the leftovers in ziploc bags.  You can also cut the recipe in half and bake them in a 9x13 pan.  

Brownies
2 cups butter


8 ounces unsweetened chocolate 


8 eggs


4 cups sugar


2 1/2 cups flour



12 ounces chocolate chips       
                                    

Melt butter and chocolate.


Cream eggs and sugar.


Add flour.


Beat in warm chocolate.


Pour into a greased baking sheet.


Sprinkle with chocolate chips.


Put pan into a cold oven.  Turn oven to 300 and bake 45 minutes to an hour.


I cut my brownies into into Christmas trees with a cookie cutter.  I also sprinkled them with powdered sugar to make them look a bit more wintery.



I had the opportunity to go on a retreat this weekend with about 450 middle and high school kids.  It was exhilarating and exhausting at the same time.  I took these brownies with me to camp and shared them with the girls in my cabin.  They were almost all gone within the hour - I guess they liked them. 


Here are some highlights from my weekend retreat:


We rocked the tug -a - war contest.


Some of us participated in the canoe races and others of us cheered from the dock.


We took advantage of the perfect weather on Saturday and took a long hike through the woods.  

Happy Monday.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    I loved your Brownies and they were so light and fresh. We did have an awesome weekend. I get a new oven today so I want to start my baking with these brownies.
    Karen Stymer

    ReplyDelete