Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes


I always find the best recipes when I'm brousing through magazines in the waiting room at the doctor's office.  I picked up the current issue of Ladies Home Journal this week when I was in the doctor's office with Ben.  There was an advertisement for McCormick spices with a recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes that looked absolutely delicious.  (I used Ben's iPhone to take a picture of the recipe so I didn't have to ask if I could take the magazine home.)  When I got home, I whipped up a batch of these cupcakes and sent them to school with my daughter.  They were REALLY easy and super scrumptious.  They weren't greasy or oily - just super moist and delicious.

Pumpkin Cupcakes
1 package yellow cake mix                                     Spiced Cream Cheese
4 serving size vanilla instant pudding                16 ounces cream cheese
1 cup canned pumpkin                                           1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup oil                                                                 2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup water                                                           1/4 teaspoon cloves
3 eggs                                                                         4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla




Beat all ingredients on low until well mixed.  Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Spoon batter into 24 muffin cups.  Bake 20 minutes at 350.





Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and cloves until creamy.  Gradually beat in powdered sugar.  Frost cupcakes and decorate with candy corn.




I love the whole experience of choosing pumpkins, bringing them home, carving out faces and roasting the seeds.  Taking the kids to the pumpkin patch to choose pumpkins was on my list of things to accomplish on our Fall stay-cation last week.  Unfortunately, we never made it to the pumpkin farm - we just got too busy with other activities.   I don't think my kids get nearly as excited about choosing pumpkins as I do but they're good sports about going to the pumpkin farm anyway.  I'm hoping that we'll have some time to pick out pumpkins this weekend. 

   

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. it's fall - remember to stock up on your canned pumpkin. I hear there is a shortage.

    ReplyDelete