Saturday, October 1, 2011

Gooey Goodness



Caramel and apples ranks right up there with peanut butter and jelly as far as I'm concerned.  It is just about the most perfect combination of flavors ever created.   As soon as the temperatures start to drop, I start craving homemade caramel apples. 




 I love the fact that Kraft came out with these little mini caramel bits.  I used to dread having to unwrap all those little caramel squares.  (Look for these little caramels near the chocolate chips in your local supermarket.) 








We set out our three ingredients and we went to work.  Actually, my daughter did most of the work while I stood around snapping pictures.

We melted the caramel in the microwave for 1 minute and then carefully dipped each apple in the warm caramel. 








To finish off our caramel apples, she rolled each one in a bowl of sprinkles that we had leftover from our apple nachos

We set them on a waxed paper covered cutting board and put them in the refrigerator until dinnertime. 














The apples were a big hit - a super simple dessert for a cool Fall night.





Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment