Thursday, September 29, 2011

Seafood at sunset


Last week I made cheese stuffed steel head trout for dinner and as I we were cleaning up the meal, I saw this beautiful sunset outside my kitchen window.  Since I am never very far from my camera, I decided to stop and take some pictures. 

 

Several weeks ago I bought some frozen Steel Head Trout at the grocery store.  It looks a lot like salmon but its lighter in texture to salmon.   It was so good that I went back to the store and bought 2 more pounds to keep in my freezer.  I pulled some out of my freezer last week and this time I stuffed it with an herbed cheese.  It was absolutely fantastic and super simple to make.  

Herb Cheese Stuffed Steel Head Trout                 
2 Steel Head Trout filets                     
1 Tablespoon slivered almonds                  
2 Tablespoons garlic and herb cheese     
1/4 cup panko bread bread crumbs
1 lemon wedge for each serving

Cut pocket in top of each filet and spoon cheese inside.   Sprinkle on fish with salt, pepper, panko and almonds.  Bake 14 minutes at 425. 

This recipe is a really easy way to dress up a simple piece of fish and turn it into an elegant entree.  I normally use this recipe with salmon but because the Steel Head Trout is so similar to salmon, I decided to use the same recipe.  If you can't find Steel Head Trout, try using salmon instead.  We really enjoyed this meal and the beautiful sunset that followed. 

Bon Appetit!





No comments:

Post a Comment