Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fire up the grill


I fired up the Big Green Egg and I decided to grill chicken not only for tonight's dinner, but for two other meals as well.  I'm planning to make chicken floutas and a chicken casseroles this week too.  I figured as long as I had the Egg all fired up and ready, I might as well cook all the chicken that I am going to need for the week.  It's a huge time saver to have the chicken already cooked when I am in a hurry to get dinner on the table. 

I have had this recipe for Tropical Island Chicken for at least 15 years.  I have tried all different chicken marinades but I keep coming back to this one because I have yet to find anything better. 

Tropical Island Chicken
½ cup soy sauce               
4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup oil                   
1 teaspoon ginger
¼ cup water                   
¾ teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds           
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon sugar


 


Combine all of the ingredients in a ziploc bag and then add the chicken.  I refrigerate the chicken until I'm ready to grill.  (up to 8 hours)  I like to use chicken breasts with ribs and skin because I think it seals in the juices when I grill it.  I remove the skin before serving it. 



Grilled chicken is one of my favorite meals.  I just never seem to get tired of it.  This chicken marinade is my favorite - without a doubt.  I think you'll like it too.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment: