Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bring on the humidity


With temperatures headed to near 90 again this week in Georgia, I've decided that I need to embrace the weather.







I let my hair go curly AND...












I made yeast rolls.







Why not make the best of a humid day?  I tried a new recipe for Honey Whole-Wheat Rolls from my new October/November 2011 Cook's Country magazine.  (I love that magazine.)

Honey-Whole Wheat Rolls
1 3/4 cups whole milk, heated
7 Tablespoons honey
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cups white flour
1 Tablespoon instant yeast
2 1/4 teaspoons salt

Combine milk, 6 Tablespoons honey, 4 Tablespoons butter and egg.  Stir together flours, yeast and salt in bowl of a standing mixer.  Slowly add milk mixture and knead with dough hook until combined.  Continue kneading 6-8 minutes.  Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour. 




Divide dough into 16 even pieces.  Roll each piece into a tight ball and arrange on a silpat lined baking sheet.  (or a greased 9x13 pan)  Let rolls rise 30 minutes. 







Heat oven to 400.  Brush rolls with 1 Tablespoon milk.  Bake 10 minutes, rotate pan and bake another 10 minutes. 


Combine remaining 1 Tablespoon butter and honey and brush over warm rolls. 





The rolls came out soft and delicious.


The honey butter brushed over the tops really makes them decadent. 




Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment