Monday, September 26, 2011

Anniversary Dinner




Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband of 18 years.  I am so blessed to share my life with you.














To celebrate our anniversary, we went out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Athens - Five and Ten.  I decided to take pictures of our meal so that I could share it with all of you.








We started our meal with raisin foccaccia bread - it was so good that we had to order seconds. 





We each had a glass of red wine.  Mine was a 2008 Malbec from Argentina.














I ordered a spinach salad with sliced pear, spiced pecans, blue cheese and a shallot vinaigrette.







I had Texas red fish with a lemon emulsion for my entree. 



Ben had a ribeye steak. 

I'm not really sure who had the better meal, I got to taste both and they were equally outstanding.






Even though we were pretty full, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to try one of the Five and Ten's famous desserts.  I chose chocolate Nemesis cake with banana sorbet and a dark chocolate and cherry bark.  





Ben chose an apple, lemon and vanilla bean pastry with lemon sorbet. 








Obviously, we loved the desserts.   

The Five and Ten definitely did not disappoint.  Our meal was fabulous.  Celebrating another great year with my best friend was even better.











Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment