Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Simply Shrimp


Monday night is fish night at my house.  I like to start the week off with a healthy meal, especially if we've overindulged a little over the weekend.  It wasn't always easy to get my kids to eat or even taste some of the fish that I cooked but lately they really seem to be developing a taste for it.  Some of their favorite fish meals? - salmon burgers,  fish sandwiches, fish tacos, tuna and shrimp.  (They also love lobster and crab legs but that's usually beyond the budget.)

We all love shrimp and these shrimp skewers are really easy.  I cooked this shrimp on the Big Green Egg and I served it over brown rice with a side of pineapple.  In the past when I have made this shrimp, I've served it over a salad for lunch.  I've also served it over pasta with a white wine sauce.  I've even served it in tortillas.  For lunch today, I put the leftover shrimp from last night's dinner in a wrap with some hummus, sliced avocado and a slice of turkey bacon.  Delicious. 

Lemon Garlic Shrimp
2 Tablespoons salt           
¼ cup parsley
2 Tablespoons sugar           
1 Tablespoon lemon peel
2 – 2 ½ pounds shrimp, deveined with shell on
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup olive oil               
½ teaspoon pepper

Mix sugar and salt.  Add shrimp.  Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes to 1 hour.  Rinse shrimp.  Combine parsley, oil. lemon, garlic and pepper and toss with shrimp. Thread onto skewer and grill about 4 minutes on each side. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment