Monday, August 29, 2011

Lunch in a hurry


There is nothing like starting my day with a walk through the park.  Mia and I walked about 10 1/2 miles this morning.  She was such a good walker that I rewarded her with a quick swim in the lake before leaving the park. 


It was such a beautiful day that I couldn't help but take a few quick pictures before heading home.  


Mia found a "treasure" along the trail and carried it for 3 miles back to the car.


When we got home, Mia went right to sleep and I got to work on lunch because I was STARVING.  I made this tuna tuna melt on a whole wheat bagel.  It was exactly what I needed to refuel my body after a nice long walk.


To make this tuna melt, I combined a packet of low sodium tuna, a Tablespoon of low fat mayonnaise and a few caraway seeds.  I sliced a whole wheat bagel in half and sliced some avocado.  I arranged the avocado slices on the bagel, spooned the tuna on top and then sprinkled it with low fat, sharp cheddar cheese.  Lastly, I set the bagel under the broiler for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. 

This was a really good lunch and it only took about 5 minutes to make.  Give it a try.

Bon Appetit!







1 comment: