Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken


My "go to"meal for a busy weekend? - Italian grilled chicken.  Weekends can get really full of activities and this weekend is no exception.  This is one of my favorite meals when we are on the "go".

Quite simply, I put the chicken in a Ziploc bag with whatever Italian dressing that I happen to have on hand.  I marinate it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and then grill it on the Big Green Egg. 
This is one of my favorite things to do with Italian marinated grilled chicken breasts:

  Bruschetta Chicken

While the chicken is on the grill, I make a simple bruschetta topping.  (basil, tomatoes, mozzarella and balsamic vinegar)  I add the bruschetta to the chicken breast during the last 10 minutes of cooking time to melt the cheese.

The insects have started nibbling on the tomatoes in my garden so I decided to pick them and eat them before the bugs do.  My husband and I thought the Bruschetta was delicious but both kids picked out the tomatoes.  We all like the grilled chicken and there is plenty left over for my salad at lunch tomorrow. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment